Established in 2015, US HempCare is a family-owned and operated wellness company based in Niantic, CT. From seed to bottle, we specialize in premium hemp “CBD” products featuring cannabinoids and terpenes from organically-grown hemp. We focus on the nutraceutical, cosmetic, vape and edibles markets and distribute several brands (all of which we manufacture) in the United States. USHC supports our local hemp community and works with farmers, processors, extractors, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, consumers and other CBD companies. With a goal of setting the standard for highest quality, consistency and transparency in hemp plants, extracts and finished products – we feel blessed to do what we do.
US HempCare Timeline
- 2015- Rachelle and Jeff Wentzel had goal of creating a safe, legal alternative to opioids and other over-prescribed drugs, when they discovered CBD and flew to CO. They established strong relationships with hemp farmers, extractors and manufacturers in CO, launched an online store – and started selling private labeled CBD products, sourced from a USDA Certified Organic hemp farm in Pueblo CO.
- 2016- After studying and learning from some hemp pioneers, they started sourcing CBD extracts and formulating their own products – featuring primarily “bubba kush” terpenes with full-spectrum CBD distillate. Honey, tinctures, vapes… They established relationships with strategic retail outlets and started distributing finished products in CT.
- 2017- Jeff partnered with the University of Connecticut’s Plant Science and Landscape Architecture school in Storrs, CT – to launch the state’s first hemp research pilot program – and grew hemp in greenhouses and on a two-acre plot at the UConn research farm. They were able to confirm the viability of two hemp cultivars: “CT Wife” and “CT Abacus.” Jeff created a facebook page for the CT Hemp Association (later to become the CHIA) and started lobbying for hemp legislation in our home state.
- 2018- USHC continued to provide premium “seed to bottle” CBD products (featuring terpenes distilled from our CT Abacus and CT Wife plants) and established relationships with extractors and manufacturers in ME, RI and MA. Rachelle launched their first Pet Tincture product in memory of their beloved dog, Oso (an 18 yr-old brown lab who showed great improvement in his quality of life after taking daily CBD). Jeff continued hemp research with UConn and partnered with organic farmers in ME.
- 2019- Jeff launched the non-profit CT Hemp Industry Association (CHIA) to support farmers, processors, manufacturers, retailers and consumers in CT – and worked with key stakeholders to write and unanimously pass hemp legislation in CT Public Act No. 19-3. Now working with some of the finest organic farmers in their home state, USHC has expanded operations in Niantic CT to include a new lab/commercial kitchen/manufacturing hub – supporting other CBD companies and natural product brands with private labeling and custom product development.